OH FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES
1. Oh for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer=s praise
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace.
2. My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread thro‘ all the earth abroad
The honours of Thy name.
3. Jesus! the Name that charms our
That bids our sorrows cease;
Tis music in the sinner‘s ears,
Tis life, and health, and peace.
4. He breaks the power of cancelled
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest
His blood availed for me.
5. Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise ye
Your loosened tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Saviour
And leap, ye lame, for joy.
6. Glory to God and praise and love
Be ever, ever giv‘n
By saints below and saints above-
The church in earth and heav‘n.