1. Amazing grace! how sweet the
That saved a wretch like me:
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
2. Twas grace that taught my heart to
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed!
3. Through many dangers, toils, and
I have already come:
Tis grace that brought me safe thus
And grace will lead me home.
4. Yes, when this heart and flesh shall
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the vail,
A life of joy and peace.
5. When we’ve been there ten
Bright shining as the sun;
We’ve no less days to sing God’s
Than when we first began.