HOW SWEET THE NAME OF JESUS
1. How sweet the name of Jesus
sounds in a believer’s ear;
It soothes his sorrows, heals his
And drives away his fear.
2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary rest.
3. Dear Name, the Rock on which I
My Shield and Hiding-place,
My never-failing Treasury, filled
With boundless stores of grace.
4. Jesus, my Shepherd, Saviour,
My Prophet, Priest, and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my
Accept the praise I bring.
5. I would thy boundless love proclaim
With every fleeting breath;
So shall the music of Thy Name
Refresh my soul in death.