BUT I KNOW WHOM I HAVE BELIEVED
1. I know not why God’s wondrous
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.
But I know whom I have believed,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto Him against that day.
2. I know not how this saving faith
To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His Word
Wrought peace within my heart.
3. I know not how the Spirit moves
Convincing men of sin,
Revealing Jesus thro’ the Word,
Creating faith in Him.
4. I know not what of good or ill
May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days
Before His face I see.
5. I know not when my Lord may
At night or noon-day fair,
Nor if I’ll walk the vale with Him,
Or Ameet Him in the air.