JOYS ARE FLOWING LIKE A RIVER
1. Joys are flowing like a river,
Since the Comforter has come;
He abides with us for ever,
Makes the trusting heart His home.
Blessed quietness, holy quietness,
What assurance in my soul!
On the stormy sea, He speaks
peace to me
How the billows cease to roll.
2. Bringing life, and health and
All around this heav’nly Guest,
Banished unbelief and sadness,
Changed our weariness to rest.
3. Like the rain that falls from heaven,
Like the sunlight from the sky,
So the Holy Ghost is given,
Coming on us from on high.
4. See, a fruitful field is growing,
Blessed fruit of righteousness;
And the streams of life are flowing
In the lonely wilderness.
5. What a wonderful salvation,
Where we always see His face!
What a perfect habitation,
What a quiet resting place!