LORD SPEAK TO ME THAT I MAY SPEAK
1. Lord, speak to me that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone;
As Thou has sought so let me seek
Thy erring children, lost and lone.
2. Oh, lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna
3. Oh, strengthen me, that while I
Firm on the Rock and strong in
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.
4. Oh, teach me, Lord, that I may
The precious things Thou dost
And wing my words, that they may
The hidden depths of many a heart.
5. Oh, give Thine own sweet rest to
That I may speak with soothing
A word in season, as from Thee.
To weary ones in needful hour.
6. O fill me with Thy fulness, Lord,
Until my very heart o’er flow;
In kindling tho’t and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
7. Oh, use me, Lord, use even me,
Just as Thou wilt, and how, and
Until Thy blessed face I see,
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share.