SHALL WE GATHER AT THE RIVER?
1. Shall we gather at the river,
Where bright angel feet have trod,
With its crystal tide forever
Flowing by the throne of God?
Yes, we’ll gather at the river,
The beautiful, the beautiful river,
Gather with the saints at the river,
That flows by the throne of God.
2. On the margin of the river,
Washing up its silver spray,
We will walk and worship ever,
All the happy, golden day.
3. Ere we reach the shining river,
Lay we ev’ry burden down;
Grace our spirits will deliver,
And provide a robe and crown.
4. At the shining of the river,
Mirror of the Saviour’s face,
Saints whom death will never sever
Raise their songs of saving grace.
5. Soon we’ll reach the silver river,
Soon our pilgrimage will cease;
Soon our happy hearts will quiver
With the melody of peace.